2020 Has Been...a Blessing!
Updated: Dec 24, 2020
Every time someone describes 2020, it's usually in the worst terms. Understandably, the coronavirus has taken many lives. It grieves me. But after prayerful meditation, I can humbly say 2020 has been a blessing. Yes, a blessing.
Counting My Blessings
Reflecting upon this year, I've had my fears and questions like everyone. First, the coronavirus, then summer riots, and now the election fraud. Prayer, Bible study, and preaching has been my escape, all thanks to the Lord Jesus.
But more and more I see the blessings of this year, namely:
- God healing my family and I from the coronavirus (I tested positive in October)
- more time with God and my family due to the shutdown and quarantines
- God performed a genuine miracle in our church (healing a friend's father who was near death in a coma)
- our largest tax return (thanks to the Trump tax cuts)
- time to work and almost finish my next book
- time to slow down and recuperate my mind and body
- my wife gave birth to another son
Yes, I can count Jesus' blessings for 2020, despite the worldwide turmoil and uncertainly. I see now how certain I must be of God's plan for me. Shame on me for doubting, but glory to God for His patience and faithfulness.
I'm reminded of 1 Thessalonians 5:18:
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
Indeed, even in the time of COVID 19, I must give thanks to Christ Jesus my Lord. He's worthy of my praise, now, and always.
No matter what 2021 holds, let's trust God to pour out even more of His grace and blessings. And, let's remember to not put 2020 in the worst terms because God blessed us in many, many ways.
~Pastor Jesse Smith